The CBIC Awards Gala is the largest and only one of its kind recognizing the region’s most successful startups and innovators!
A New Venue, A New Experience
We are extremely excited to announce that this year's reimagined event for the first time will be held at the beautiful and historic Paramount Theater in downtown Charlottesville. And that's not all!
The event has been completely redesigned with a new format and additional improvements and will feature:
- A short reception with cash bar and hors d'oeuvres
- A celebratory seated awards ceremony in the theater with beverages and snacks
- An energized reception featuring Innovators Row - a showcase of innovative startups
- Multiple and plentiful food stations
- An after-party featuring dual entertainment like never before!
- New sponsorship options with perks for early action (snag yours early!)
- You and your team and colleagues won't want to miss this smashing new gala with anticipated attendance of more than 400 of the region's tech and innovation community.
Charlottesville has all the ingredients to be a national leader in business innovation, venture capital investment, and high-wage job creation. CBIC members, sponsors and partners work year-round to nurture an atmosphere of innovation celebrated by the CBIC Awards and now a brand for our region and to ensure Charlottesville remains a leader in tech, innovation and startups.
Get your gala tickets before rates increase. Ticket prices increase April 13.
Each all-access ticket includes: a complimentary cocktail, pre and post ceremony receptions with food, the highly anticipated seated awards ceremony with food and beverages, innovators row showcase, the inaugural gala after party + complimentary downtown parking!
You, your team, and colleagues won't want to miss this smashing new gala with anticipated attendance of more than 400 of the region's tech and innovation community.
Times are approximate; some portions may overlap slightly
5:00 - 5:45 p.m. Registration opens. Reception with cocktails and light hors d'oeuvres. One drink ticket provided per guest. Cash bars available.
5:45 - 7:30 p.m. Seated ceremony in the theater.
7:30 – 9:00 p.m. Following the ceremony, guests will be invited into all areas of the venue (hallways, lounges, bar rooms) to enjoy networking and innovators row –a showcase of select innovation-based startups– while partaking in a variety of foods stationed throughout venue.
9:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. After party kicks off (TURN UP!) with options to either let your hair down with music and dancing or mix and mingle in a relaxing atmosphere while continuing conversations. Something for everyone… and more great food and drinks!
Attire: Cocktail and business dressy attire.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter at @CBICouncil and follow the 2018 CBIC Awards Gala at #CBICGala.
The CBIC Awards Gala showcases Central Virginia entrepreneurs, innovators, and organizations that contribute significantly to the region's innovation ecosystem. For the past three years, Innovators Row was regaled as one of the attendees’ favorite portions of the evening, and last year attracted more than 400 attendees. This offers exemplary local exposure for Innovators Row participants.
CBIC will select as many as 30 representatives for an opportunity to showcase their products, ideas, services and innovations at CBIC's Innovators Row.
- We anticipate that each person/company selected for Innovators Row will be provided with approximately 4 feet of table/floor space along Innovators Row to demonstrate and amaze the assembled investors, entrepreneurs, business and civic leaders.
- There is no cost to apply, but if selected, there will be a single Innovators Row Exhibit Fee of $325
- The $325 includes your company’s exhibitor space + two (2) all-access gala tickets for the pre and post ceremony receptions (during which exhibitors are expected to be setup and working their exhibit space), the highly anticipated awards ceremony (at which time exhibitors will pause to come witness the awards celebratory ceremony in the auditorium), the after party (exhibitors will shut down to enjoy the festivities), and complimentary downtown parking!
- Applications to be considered for participation in CBIC’s Innovators Row are due by midnight Friday, April 27, 2018
- Selected individuals or groups will be notified and announced by May 1st and promoted at the gala and via CBIC’s media channels.
- The single Innovators Row Exhibit Fee of $325 is due no later than May 4th
This is an amazing opportunity to showcase the innovation you have worked on and connect with individuals that could take your idea to the next level.Apply for Innovators Row Today