Understand why Charlottesville is a great place to innovate.
A video Celebrating Charlottesville's Innovation Community
Video filmed by DIGICO
If you are familiar with Charlottesville, you will already know why it is consistently voted one of the best places to live and work on the East coast.
If not then let us introduce you to a beautiful and historical city, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Less than two hours south of Washington D.C., Charlottesville is the proud home to two World Heritage Sites: the University of Virginia and Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello.
The vast majority of tech company offices are located near downtown — many in or just off the historic downtown mall or within easy walk thereof — with its restaurants, festivals, free concerts and
Add to this the opportunity for outdoor adventure, numerous local vineyards, breweries, superb restaurants, amenities you would only expect to find in much bigger cities and a unique mix of urban sophistication and spectacular rural beauty and you’ll immediately fall in love with this very special place.
Want to know more about whether Charlottesville is the place for you? Here are a few things you might want to take a look at:
Still not convinced? Acquisitions, Exits, Wins, Accolades…
- Virginia Named # 1 Top State for Business by CNBC in 2019 (July 2019)
- Willowtree to Transform Woolen Mills into New HQ (August 2018)
- Charlottesville: A Startup Kind of Town (Daily Progress, July 2018)
- Social SafeGuard, a Charlottesville cybersecurity startup lands $11 million in VC funding (July 2018)
- Charlottesville Angel Network Named #2 in SE Region in 2017 Annual HALO Report (2018)
Moonlighting: Charlottesville's First ICO (Daily Progress, June 2018)
Cavion Inc. Closes $26.1 MM in Series A Financing (January 2017)
- Charlottesville Named No. 4 in
USas Best City for Entrepreneurs by Livability and Entrepreneur Magazine (July 2016)
- Virginia Business Magazine: A new story line? (June 2016)
- Tech Scene Updates from Tracey Greene on WINA (June 2016)
- Cville Ranks #1 in Venture Capital Funding Growth (2016)
- Why Charlottesville is a Great home For Tech Businesses (2015)
- SNL Financial (Now S&P Global) Acquired by McGraw Hill for $2.2 Billion (2015)
- FireEye's Acquisition of nPulse Technologies Valued at $70 Million (2014)
- Angels among us: How Charlottesville is becoming a hot spot for start-ups (2013)
- Silverchair Learning Systems Acquired by Vista Equity Partners (2012)
- Green Light Energy Acquired by PB for $98 Million (2006)